> Library-O-Saurus: Library Reveal!

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Library Reveal!

Everybody's doing classroom reveals, so here's some shots of our library!

Because a yearly overhaul would involve moving a lot of extremely heavy furniture, I didn't move too much around this year. My major changes for the first day of school were some updated displays and a reworked whole group area. Ta-da!

Updated fiction and non-fiction signage:

New table numbers:


Check-in computer/return bin:
















New books display:


Cute welcome-back on the entry door (yes, I know this idea has been all over the place lately - but it's so stinking cute!):



I LOVE book talking with students, and I thought this might be a good way to keep book talking even when I'm not actually talking. I'm tracking books I've read, am currently reading, and are up next this year behind the circulation desk. I know it's already full - I was too excited about some of the titles I read this summer to leave them off!












The biggest change I made this year is to my whole group teaching space. Last year, it was dominated by a ginormous L-shaped couch that made my life CRAZY. The librarian before me had alternated weekly having the boys and girls sit on the floor or the couch. I HATED this- it was a constant "The girls were on the couch LAST week!!" and laying down and bouncing on the furniture and IT HAD TO GO. So, I broke the couch up into little pieces and scattered them around the library! Now there are more soft spaces for quiet reading and even this cute little living-room nook:






And my whole-group meeting space feels SO much bigger! I got the rug with my Scholastic Dollars and plan to assign spots so there isn't any question of who sits where each week.



Now that everything is nice and neat and ready for the first day.... we'll see how long it lasts! Happy first day of school, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment